Author Topic: [Japanese to English translation] [PS2] Hungry Ghosts (2003) KF-like - text dump  (Read 8594 times)

Offline horowitz

• Dagger Carrier
Hi, I have completed a text dump of Hungry Ghosts for ps2 (using a modified SJIS dumper and a modified file extractor, credits to weissvulf for the mods).
Here is the link for these tools: http://www.mediafire.com/file/982jeqkq3v7gdyt/PACK.DAT_Extractor.zip

I separated most unrelated code and blank (0 bytes) files from actual text reducing the file total from 2400+ to 1281. If anyone can help clean it further using ASM tool or another app tuned to the game's file structure, please contact me.

I was also wondering if there would be anyone interested in translating this dump from jap into eng, as well as helping with the right pointer locations.

Any help is appreciated.

Here is the link to the dump: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Zcn_UtIimQE6FmOcq3AhJzT4wMXh8ngV

The folder "actual files" contains the .bin files extracted using a pack.dat (pack.dat is the file that contains all of the game's text) extractor tool separeted in 3 folders:

1-NO TEXT-.BIN
2-ITEM AND AREA NAME TEXT, CODE OR BOTH-.BIN
3-FILES WITH MOST TEXT-.BIN

1-Files with 0 bytes.
2-Files that may or not contain some word related to an item or area name, but mostly it will contain false positives and code. Leave it for after you deal with folder number 3.
3-This is the bulk of the text we aim to translate. All files in this folder contain at least one line of actual text and most are 95% text. Using a tuned ASM tool you will have no trouble cleaning this dump even further if needed.

The folder "SJIS Dump" contains the same as above, but is in SJIS text format (just included for quick reference).

This a free project and everyone involved will be adequately credited.

Best regards to everyone of this great community!

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
As much as I don't want to encourage this... there is a long running Hungry Ghosts thread around here somewhere, where someone is promising a translation in progress, which you should locate and post in it a link to this new thread you've just created.

Needless to say this is a Sword of Moonlight forum, but for whatever reason people keep posting about other/unrelated games here. I don't quite understand it myself :rainbow: