Author Topic: x2mdo.exe (d3drm.dll)  (Read 13685 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Re: x2mdo.exe (d3drm.dll)
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2009, 08:44:47 am »
The set definitely goes together.  The shield and the helmet are buried in the grave of galth fee, and revealing information about them mentions him as the wearer of the different pieces.  Granted the helm does have a tad bit different look to it.

I didnt have time to go running around KF1 last night to find the gloves (I think they are buried near the cyclops giant area but oddly enough, I have forgotten, which is embarrassing).

When I find them, youll have a screen shot.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2009, 04:18:34 pm »
I saw a fairly in-depth guide on gamefaqs when websearching "window of homesickness". I would look it up for you, but I kinda want to play the game thru without using a guide (or having prior knowledge -- other than the other two long-ago playthrus in my life) once/asap.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2009, 07:29:06 pm »
I decided to check my Maya file for texture coordinates. There were not any. I'm thinking there probably weren't any in the lwo files or there would still be some if there were.

I want to encourage you to look into whether or not the files you have access to on the disc also store texture coordinates (I can't imagine the texcoords not being in there) ...because if the coords are in the files, we really really gotta find a way to convert the info in the files without loosing the texturing information.

We really need to find out all of what is in those files in general. It's possible the textures themselves might even be embedded in them?? If you get a chance, maybe you could post the originals, or at least one, for everyone to investigate.

I still can't get over the files just being there. Makes me really want to checkout PSX Armored Core discs... speaking of which I have Masters of the Arena around here somewhere~
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 07:31:13 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2009, 08:23:14 pm »
^Hmmm, it looks like all the data on the MOA disc is readily available via Window's Explorer. All of the file extensions are pretty much just .T, so no leads there. There aren't that many files, because all of the parts etc (everything really) are crammed into one file per category. So all of the arms are in one file, etc. Comparing the two discs would probably weed out what data is mission/arena type crap. I wonder if all the individual records in the files might follow the same logic as your KF files (or were all the KF data crammed in one file the same way??)

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2009, 01:45:20 am »
Crud, I'm probably going to split this post off from all the way at the top as soon as I can think about it :evil:

Oh well, just announcing there are also a number of items in DoM I will probably want to rework graphically. I think but I'm not sure Tom or someone ripped a lot of these out of KF1?? The keys definitely remind me of KF1 at least.

Speaking of which, I think a very noble project would be to setup a database for all the different items (well the ones that warrant it at least) which have appeared in KF games including the SOM KF1 remake. Like the moonlight and triple-fang. Only instead of making the models from the different games different items. Instead I think we should just make them all the same item, except change the graphics for each presentation style. Then we can put all of the items from each style into different folders. And then say we could make a SOM game, and if all the items in the games had a doppleganger for each style, we could flip out the style of the game on the fly, and that would just be freaking awesome I think. It would be like getting 3 or 4 games for the price of one. And with each addition to the database, we would actually be improving the graphics potentials of old games. Like say we even got as far as ripping KF4's graphics, you could toss all of that into a folder, and basically voila, DoM or whatever would look like KF4 without actually changing DoM the game one bit.

PS: Maybe someone in Japan ripped those KF1 items and converted them to SoM, but either way, at least someone knows how, so then we know we can figure it out too.... and therefore we definitely should work on that when we get a chance. Might as well start with the first game I think in building a database/graphics repository. I'm kinda game to get cracking on the AC1 games myself.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 01:49:15 am by Holy Diver »

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2009, 10:42:18 am »
I decided to check my Maya file for texture coordinates. There were not any. I'm thinking there probably weren't any in the lwo files or there would still be some if there were.

That is odd...when I open the .lwo in metasequoia there are several textures mapped already, they are just in white because the reference is blank.  If i map a .bmp to them instead of a blank image it fills in the areas where the texture was in the game.

I have never used maya, but I find it hard to believe a freebie program could recognize the mapping but not Maya.  What you have on the .lwo files is all I can pull from milkshape, I have selected to keep everything in tact when I export it.

Quite honestly, the textures are a bit low res for SOM anyways, so youre better off just making new ones.
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2009, 02:37:27 pm »
Well I want the original and the maps for reference, so the new ones can be as faithful as possible / easier for me to default any judgment. I think like I said we should have a version of all the KFII stuff with the original look/textures as well, so we can maybe one day make a game that is stylistically like KF2.

I kinda just wanted some information from you. It's possible metasequoia just applies some kind of default mapping to generate the texture. But since you say so, I will definitely step thru my process again and make sure nothing is killing the texture. I have a few ideas what could've done it.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 02:39:14 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2009, 05:07:34 pm »
Im interested to know as well.  If we can find a way to pull the texture out of the .iso then I should be able to map it via metaseq very easily.

I will try to get that iso image uploaded for you today.
Site Founder

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2009, 05:15:39 pm »
Ok, uplading the entire KF1 directory to your user directory on the ftp server.  it should finish in roughly 45 mins and is 250 some megabyte.

it will include the img file that i think you need.  if this doesnt give you what youre after...let me know.
Site Founder

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2009, 12:30:41 am »
OK I uploaded a new galthfeearmor.zip to your directory.  give those files a shot..they should have coordinate mapping for the textures.
Site Founder