Author Topic: Trouble downloading  (Read 3073 times)

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
Re: Trouble downloading
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2018, 04:09:43 am »
That wall of text looks like it's trying to use a Google account (automatically?) to sign-in. The KF link (https://www.dropbox.com/s/hv8bcgt1avtxlr2/KF1SOM.zip?dl=0) works for me, with no sign-in. (People are always telling me my websites don't let them register, etc. but I never have difficulties when I test them. It makes you paranoid.)

Off-topic/P.S. Is "Return to Melanat" that same old prototype that was on YouTube more than 10 years ago? and is MasterTaffer the person that made that old video? I only ask because I seem to remember someone had tried to recreate KF2's opening movie--the shot of the island, etc. FMVs are about the only parts of games (pre-rendered stuff in general) that can't be salvaged, or upscaled.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 04:18:23 am by Holy_Diver »

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2018, 07:55:11 am »
Nah Holy, i didn't get into using SOM until 4 or so years ago, Return to Melanat is a full game I put together in a few months.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 08:06:51 am by JC Bailey »
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 08:32:23 am »
Nah Holy, i didn't get into using SOM until 4 or so years ago, Return to Melanat is a full game I put together in a few months.

I did some looking around. I thought I remembered that the person had an account here (http://www.swordofmoonlight.com/bbs/index.php?topic=144.0)

I can't see the name of that project, but if I had to guess it was Return To Melanat.

Quote from: dmpdesign
#1, he gave me the original animation for his melanat island model/video, so I can toss that crappy Bryce island I made and put something decent in my opening cinema.

I guess I was just seeing if there were 3D files that match this intro closely so I can use them to make a new introduction. I'm making a more or less exact replica of KF2. So anything I can have done for me is one less thing I have to do myself :sweatdrop:

EDITED: Maybe From Software still has the originals. Which I'd use if given to me. But in the meantime, placeholders are better than nothing.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 08:34:30 am by Holy_Diver »

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2018, 11:31:07 am »
I think it may be lost, but I recovered a lot of his files not too long ago.  The board user was kilroyfx and I stay in touch with him from time to time.  I will ask him about the files I sent him (he had me back up his project on the som backend years ago and I sent him all the files I had) and see what can be salvaged.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder