Author Topic: Sword magic  (Read 2832 times)

Offline fogbank

• Dagger Carrier
Sword magic
« on: July 26, 2018, 06:51:03 pm »
Hi both a friend and I played kings field 2/3 and never knew anything about sword magic. I played the first one and found out about it at the very end of the game lol. I am currently playing kf4 and realize there is sword magic in it as well. This made me think "wouldn't it be crazy if we played through 2/3 and completely missed out on sword magic?" so I googled it. I found some info on kf2 which is probably kf3(jp) but could not find anything else. I was hoping someone knew the req for sword magic in these games and would post them for me. Plz use the japan titles so there is no confusion.

Kings field 1 - swordmaster

Kings field 2 - ?

kings field 3 - Sword magiclvl 1 from lord Veyrac :
strength 50 and 50 to every element(magic) lvls

for Sword magic lvl 2 from Alexander :
get Lyn's ring;visit 4 archmages to unseal broken moonlight sword;
pick up broken moonlight sword to unseal castle gates;get Ichrius' key;

kings field 4 - level 3 weapon

If there are mistakes here plz correct thank you.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
Re: Sword magic
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 09:21:40 pm »
Part 2 has two kinds, and I'm not sure if there is a magic requirement. I think there is. I vaguely remember acquiring a sword and having it not work. It's possible it has none... which is how it should be if you ask me.

Does "lv2" sword magic work like the three button magics from part 2? I think it just unlocks more powerful weapons for use, but I cannot remember. I'm curious to know. One warning about lv2, is I think that if you do not get lv1 first, before completing the lv2 requirements, then lv2 becomes impossible.

EDITED: Paragraph 2 happened to me the last time I played it. I am responsible for trying to document the requirements on GameFAQs, since there was no explanation at the time there, as of just the last few years.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 09:23:55 pm by Holy_Diver »

Offline fogbank

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 10:50:57 pm »
I am not sure on the level 2 magic hopefully someone else knows more. That is the info I found on the net in my search. As far as there being sword magic or not it does not bother me I just wish I would have known about it. I mean I played 3 of the kings field titles without realizing it I only found out because of a forum lol they really should have had more clues about it. Just to brag a bit I also played both shadow towers and all souls games. I will play bloodborn eventually.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 11:04:52 pm by fogbank »

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 02:00:48 am »
A few weeks back I looked in the Shadow Tower board on GameFAQs and saw that there is a way to swap out weapons by pressing two buttons in sequence. I don't think I ever knew about that. But it's been so long I may have forgotten. From what I can tell it looks like a little know feature that might have been omitted from the manuals.

I never knew about the 3 button sword magic sequences in KF2. I think either I saw them in a video online, or my brother informed me about them. I think it's interesting that you have to discover them. There are definitely hints in part 3. Even if that's the first time it's expressly mentioned, you can then go back an play the earlier volumes in a new light.