Author Topic: D&D King's Field  (Read 8472 times)

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
Re: D&D King's Field
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2017, 07:20:46 am »
Those skeletons look almost exactly like the ones I've been seeing in the Underworld Ascendant alpha, hehe. You should try making some with 1h swords and round shields.
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2017, 02:46:20 am »
Hehe! That looks like an interesting game, actually! :D

Incidentally, I had just finished painting this guy when I saw your comment:

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2017, 05:09:57 pm »
Started working on this guy today ...

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2017, 04:54:32 am »
Working on Guyra, I'm making the front half of his body raised, and as usual I'm taking some artistic liberties when it comes to the details. The torso is currently in the oven. I'll have some more pics soon. :)

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2017, 03:22:36 am »
Alright, here are some new pictures of the progress on Guyra!

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 12:29:16 pm »
Looking great! Can't wait to see the painted version. :eek:
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112

Offline SeathsDestruction

• Dagger Carrier
  • Kingsfield sweet lullaby.
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2017, 03:28:15 pm »
Looking great! Can't wait to see the painted version. :eek:
  love this. Are you going to eventually auction the figurines or try to sell them in any way? Guys this was the franchise when I was a kid we were poor but my dad and mom both had 2 jobs so at Christmas when they'd get a bonus they'd treat us so we had the very first ps when it just came out and I got Kingsfield and tekken and sorry to toot my own horn I was a beast at both and I remember spending months looking for secret passages and wonder to myself why there's a duplicate mirror why are there 2 rings of light what enemy needs that much overkill on that much light damage. And believe it or not my default spell was always wind cutter. Because it hit everything it passes thru and also stuns them for their dmg animation so it allowed for much more thorough dismantling earlier on in the game I felt. Because stun once wind cutter stun again physical attack by then wind cutter would be ready again you could time it to where the enemy barely gets to attack. Even if cutter didn't stun it was icing on top of the dmg cake.
Watch out for that....too late. (Warning before the Kraken!)

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2017, 03:12:03 pm »
Thanks! Glad you guys like it! :D

I've spent all day after work adding more details to the Guyra model today. Horns and claws now visibly protrudes out from underneath his hide, while the visible spine goes all the way up the neck. I also redid the eye, as it was kind of a flat cylinder before. Now it's round, and the socket is more of a perfect circle as well. It should be ready for wings now, so that's what I'll do next.

@JC Bailey: Oh man, I'm really looking forward to painting it, too! :D

@SeathsDestruction: I hadn't really considered selling these. I just figured I'd make them, use them for D&D, and then have them forever on my shelf, or something. :P I'm not going to actively try and sell it, though I guess I would consider any offers if I felt they reflected the amount of time and work I've spent on this. But it is first and foremost a work of passion. :)

Also, believe you me: You're not the only one whom has used Wind Cutter like that! That spell is great! :D

Offline SeathsDestruction

• Dagger Carrier
  • Kingsfield sweet lullaby.
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2017, 05:44:36 pm »
That guyra just makes me so happy to be alive. To see someone cares so passionately about detail into something I care so passionately about makes me so grateful. I thought Kingsfield was a dead topic I have no friends that are alive that shared this game with me. So when I get to speak about it at whatever length I can Its a rare hiatus from reality I don't get often
Watch out for that....too late. (Warning before the Kraken!)

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2017, 02:39:07 am »
Haha, thanks! :D I've added his wings and polished a little bit, now. Will be painting him soon!

Had a session yesterday where they went through the termites' lair to save Sandler. They snuck past some termite workers in the beginning there, then fought their way through as they started meeting the termite soldiers. Finally they came to the termite queen, and had an epic fight with her and the termite soldiers guarding her. After the first time, they managed to stop her from calling for more reinforcement, and finally managed to kill her and save the kid!

They had dinner with Krola and Sandler, did som business with Celffy, then went to find the pirates' treasure! Fought a skeletons dropping from the ceiling and rising out of treasure chests, and collected their just reward! On their way to the waterfall to use the skull key, they found the mother kraken in her lair, and managed to take out her as well, much due to a single player using the right spells for the fight!

In the end it was an amazingly fun session! I had made a map for the termite boss battle and termite minis the day before, although the queen herself was a simple cardboard cutout. :P

Here are my termite minis. I also gave them antennas, as real life termites have them.