Author Topic: D&D King's Field  (Read 8354 times)

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
D&D King's Field
« on: July 19, 2017, 07:31:09 pm »
Hi guys, long time! :beerchug:

I've got a D&D group going, where I'm the DM, and I'm planning to turn the KF2(Melanat) story into an adventure for my players. It's going to be slightly modified to fit with the campaign I'm running in general, but mostly the same. These are all players whom probably will never experience the glory that is KF otherwise, either. :P

Anyway, I'll put up the stuff I create here. Thinking of modelling some of the creatures as 28mm minis, especially those I can't find otherwise, like the krakens and two headed snails. Hopefully, in the end, I can put together a full adventure module for D&D 5e for people to use. :)

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
Re: D&D King's Field
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 04:04:12 pm »
Alright, so I made the Head Eater today. It's my first miniature ever, but I'm happy with the outcome. :)

Stands about 37 mm tall.

This, and the others I create, I'll try to make a mold and cast multiple resin minis from that, which I'll then paint.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 10:52:12 am by Guyra »

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 08:04:39 pm »
And here's the kraken!

He's a bit taller than the head eater, and stands at about 5 cm.

I've made a mold for the head eater, and tomorrow I get to find out how well that works, as a resin figure is currently curing inside!

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 10:51:16 pm »
Those look great, they've got even more detail than the originals. :eek:
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 06:59:54 am »
Thanks! :D
Haha, yeah, well ... Unlike FromSoft at the time, I'm not really limited to a low amount of polygons. xD Figured I'd add details that would make sense. :)

Currently trying to make silicone molds for these two. Will probably make the S-Knight one of the next couple of days.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 03:56:15 pm »
Holy hell this is a cool idea for a D&D campaign, nice work on the miniatures!
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 04:51:04 am »
Thanks, Todd! :D

Been working on stats for the monsters, which takes some time. Also waiting for some resin copies to cure, hoping they'll end up well. Already had a couple of tries that didn't work out properly.

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 06:38:06 pm »
New pics! Some unfinished paint work on the Kraken and Head Eater, and a new miniature: The S-Knight!

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 04:06:52 pm »
Just as a side thing, here are some Warhammer skeletons I bought and glued together to make them as similar to the ones in KF as possible; Pure skeletons with nothing but a big sword, plus the two Psythes. The skeleton holding with two hands took a bit extra work as the set was really not made for that, and the Psythes took a lot of extra work since I didn't want to have them in as much as a leaned in position, and I had to make the two scythes out of two spears and a long shield. :P

Not yet painted, though.

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2017, 04:42:24 pm »
Done painting the Head Eaters!