Author Topic: Project Sorrow - A King's Field IV Remake  (Read 3072 times)

Offline Damianaid

• Dagger Carrier
    • YouTube
Project Sorrow - A King's Field IV Remake
« on: July 07, 2017, 11:54:50 pm »

I'm working on a full Fan-Remake for King's Field IV and figured I'd just announce it here. I'm a Die Hard KF fan, and grew up with the series. FromSoftware did something special and it changed how I was as an individual growing up, their work made me who I am today. I wanted to honor that and thank them with this HD Remake of my absolute favorite game of the series. Project Sorrow is a Full Remake powered by the Unreal Engine. This will come with gameplay tweaks that up the Pace of Play, and brings it up to par with the current Souls line of games. Upgraded Visuals, Enhanced Gameplay, and some Extras I'll save for later.

Learning from the Souls Series, the combat has become faster and more fine tuned.. in addition to gameplay elements that will change the way King's Field is played. This is no "Skyrim", it's Kings Field. Despite being a remake, the game will come with fresh "New" content along side Extended versions of familiar locations. For now, this is all I wish to discuss at this time.

Now, a little more about me since I just sorta.. showed up. I'm currently a Developer on another fan remake called "TimeSplitters Rewind", which is supported and backed by Crytek. I've been making games since I was a wee little 6th grader, and continue to do so in my off time. The first time I played King's Field was something special, and since then I've carried the games wherever I go. I used to bring the KF4 Guidebook to school for Middle School and High School. Went as far as to make my very own Idol of Sorrow which has Never left my Desk. My love for the series is unmatched, and I'm very grateful FromSoftware was able to make a name for themselves, something which I wouldn't have dreamed of in the slightest growing up. I've stalked these forums for a long time now but only just decided to make a post, since I think it's the right time. I'll be using this Thread to document development "To and Extent" and post further details. I'll answer any questions I can if you have any, and will try to reply with haste.  :beerchug:
"The Dark can comfort you, and the Light can burn."

Offline Flame

• Dagger Carrier
Re: Project Sorrow - A King's Field IV Remake
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 12:27:30 pm »
Might wanna reupload that image, Photobucket nuked their third party hosting for non-paid users.

That said, Godspeed, IV has always been my personal favorite.

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 01:00:58 pm »
This sounds great! I look forward to updates on this! :)

And welcome!

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 02:54:49 am »
I'm still waiting for Fromsoft to add KF4 to PS2 on PS4, but oh well. This sounds great though, can't wait to see some screenshots. :biggrin:
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112

Offline SeathsDestruction

• Dagger Carrier
  • Kingsfield sweet lullaby.
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 03:36:35 pm »
I'll keep the torch lit my thumbs haven't been calloused in ages
Watch out for that....too late. (Warning before the Kraken!)