Author Topic: Problem with Xbox 360 controller  (Read 7040 times)

Offline jwhyrock

• Bow Bearer
Re: Problem with Xbox 360 controller
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2018, 12:33:06 pm »
I did find that post actually. I had assumed it would be a download of some kind, not a manual copy / paste, delete game code thing.  I mentioned that in my last comment.

Start/Select work fine for looking up and down. As you already mentioned there is no solution you are aware of to truly fix the rear bumpers so it's not like I have a work around. King's Field isn't Street Fighter for example so less desirable placement of those buttons doesn't interfere with gameplay in any way.

Your posts come across extraordinarily condescending and snarky. Not sure what that's about. Seems unnecessary.

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2018, 04:22:06 pm »
Sorry for the multiple posts.  I started tinkering with graphic options in the settings in game and choosing something other than the default graphic option won't freeze.  Can't really tell the difference between them not counting RGB emulator, but seems like the ones with the Japanese symbols are the ones with least graphical distortion.  I still get a line through the screen fairly consistently which is irritating, but at least the game is playable now.

Couldn't figure out how to play the other games.  I am able to mount them, but the games won't play.  Would love to play Abyss since I beat Shadow Tower for the first time within the last two years.  Loved the game.

I was able to extract and play Dark Destiny, but that's probably because it doesn't require mounting.

Make sure you're getting your download links from here: http://www.swordofmoonlight.com/bbs/index.php?topic=754.0

SOM games are standalone files, so you only need to extract their folders to play them. I do have an ideal configuration that's good for most SOM games, it's attached below. Just copy the contents of the text file to the .ini file in the folders of each SOM game you have downloaded. You may want to edit things like resolution to suit your monitor before doing so.

The other games only require extracting the iso and an emulator to run them, no mounting necessary. To play, you simply extract the iso file to a desired folder, run your emulator, then open the iso file from the emulator (file > open). Note that PS2 emulation can be a headache, and can require a lot of trial and error to get something like STA working right.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 04:36:05 pm by JC Bailey »
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112

Offline jwhyrock

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2018, 08:43:31 pm »
Thanks man! Extraordinarily helpful! Any suggestions on emulators?

Offline jwhyrock

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2018, 08:49:14 pm »
Found this discussion about screen tearing. Might play around with some of the suggestions and see if that helps with my issue. Any thoughts appreciated.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/hdmi-from-pc-to-tv-screen-tearing.454929741/

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2018, 09:37:48 pm »

EPSXE is good for playing the first 3 KF games and Shadow Tower without many hiccups, though you may have issues with movies. I would either follow a setup guide or try different settings and see what works best with your PC.
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Offline jwhyrock

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2018, 09:47:02 pm »
You rock!  Thank you!

Offline jwhyrock

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2018, 10:55:04 pm »

EPSXE is good for playing the first 3 KF games and Shadow Tower without many hiccups, though you may have issues with movies. I would either follow a setup guide or try different settings and see what works best with your PC.

Now it's looking great! Not sure if your settings vs. me changing some options on my laptop. Instead of cloning displays, I have entire picture output to my TV.

Do you have any idea the difference between the following display options? I can't really tell:

Direct3D HAL
Direct3D TL HAL
YY. YDISPLAY2 Direct3D HAL
YY. YDISPLAY2 Direct3D TL HAL

The main difference I've noticed since tinkering is that the YY options say they won't work now with resolution. Before I could use them.

After they stopped working I manually changed the .ini file to 4k resolution. Not sure if that matters or not with older software like this.

RGB emulation looks beautiful now for an old school vibe.

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2018, 12:36:23 am »
I've been told that device2 in the ini file is the ideal display setting (which i think is Direct3D TL HAL), and is what i always use. I usually have to change my laptop's resolution for SOM to display correctly on my HDTV, 1280x720 works for me. So maybe you could try that? Your TV's resolution may be different from mine though.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 12:40:28 am by JC Bailey »
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Offline jwhyrock

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2018, 02:18:09 am »
I might try that resolution, but honestly seems to work great as is. I'm digging the RGB setting as to me feels more natural and authentic. Both look great.

Offline jwhyrock

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2018, 04:58:04 am »
Beat KF1. On to Dark Destiny. I really prefer the RGB setting. Beautiful textures with depth. Much more natural. The other video settings just feel flat. KF1 was surprisingly good. I expected short with no story and it was great.