Author Topic: Return to Melanat [Full Game]  (Read 22630 times)

Offline CeriCat

• Dagger Carrier
Re: Return to Melanat [Full Game]
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2015, 06:01:02 am »
cinepak is a bit of a dicey codec, not sure what your best option is if you wanted to keep vids in the latest versions of windows. Might look into if xvid or something else from this side of Y2K works through SoM as a potential fix.

Offline G0udi

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2016, 06:01:44 pm »
Thanks for the great game! I've started playing Return to Melanat, and it's like revisiting an old, familiar place with so many fond memories. I really like how all the characters I've met so far have developed since KF2.

I've made it all the way to the East shore, but I can't help feeling like I'm missing something. Are enemies not supposed to drop gold? I guess shops aren't that important unless you want to buy unique items you can't find anywhere else... is the only way to make money is by selling stuff? Also, not sure if I've missed activating the dragon fountains, but mp refilling items sure are scarce. It would've been nice if magic crystals actually refill your MP as you learn spells. Really like to use more magic as I play.

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2016, 10:09:51 pm »
Glad you're liking it so far. It's been at least a year since I played it, so my memory of it isn't that great. :dazed:

Gold causes crashing problems with SOM, that's why I left it out. All items in the game can be found somewhere in the world, so it isn't really that important unless you want to buy recovery items or get a powerful item early on. As for magic - you need to find the dragon cup to activate the fountains, it's behind a door on the West Shore that unlocks with the pirate key.

You might also consider playing my more recent game, Heir of Granatyki; it's similar by design, but much higher quality imo.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 10:19:27 pm by MasterTaffer »
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112

Offline G0udi

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2016, 04:45:14 am »
Great, that is what I've figured. I hardly use shops in KF games, but I thought the non-gold drops could have been a bug. I have played Diadem of Maunstraut before, and that had enemies dropping gold.

I know which door that is; it's the pirate's hideout under the waterfall. I'm probably close to finding the key then. Also, I'm hoping to find a health-regenerating weapon, like the Spider sword, when I get to the Big Mine.

Sure, I'll put Heir of Granatyki in my to-play-next pile, along with Dark Destiny. :)