Author Topic: SOM Tutorial  (Read 16548 times)

Offline Yoshiboy6478

• Dagger Carrier
Re: SOM Tutorial
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2015, 07:47:58 pm »
Hello is there anyway to have the game in windowed mode? because i can't seem to find a way to set it like that, so i was wondering if there was a way to set too windowed mode or not?

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2015, 10:25:55 pm »
I don't think it's possible to run SOM in windowed mode. You can minimized the game by pressing Alt + Tab, but that's about it.
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2015, 01:12:03 am »
Standard SOM definitely cannot be run in a window, maybe SomEx can do it?  But that requires the game itself be made to include it in its distribution, which to my knowledge no one is yet doing.  If anyone out there has taken the time to put together an .exe of an SOM game that runs with SomEx please let me know, I would like to try it out.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline djil;f

• Video Game Addict
  • Bow Bearer
  • Pro Gamer
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2015, 06:33:51 pm »
Dose anyone know how to I make a tile with no roof or make a tile at all for that point :confused:
Sincerely-djil;f

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2015, 09:19:37 am »
Hey sorry, didn't see the post.  yes there is definitely a way to create map pieces that do not have roofs, in fact the SOM editor should have come with several such sets. 

If you do not like the parts that came with the editor please post here and we can get you help on creating your own custom map parts, it isnt terribly difficult, you just have to know some of the pitfalls to avoid when making new map parts.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline djil;f

• Video Game Addict
  • Bow Bearer
  • Pro Gamer
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2015, 08:47:46 pm »
My God that would be outstanding. I haven't been able to continue in like a month. :biggrin:
Please get back to me :biggrin:
Sincerely-djil;f

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2015, 04:39:01 pm »
If you need something specific djil:f, describe it to me and I can make it for you. When I get the time I'll write up an in-depth tutorial on how to make and export models for SOM and give it to dmpdesign so he can post it to the homepage.
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Offline Blinge

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2016, 02:27:55 pm »
Hey all. Newbie here, hopefully this is the right place for such questions.

I'm getting to grips with the map creator atm, want to make a little indentation in the floor, just a lowered section. However when setting the floor tile downwards, it also moves the ceiling which just hovers in the air. Is there a way to differentiate between the two, or.. erm, 'stretch' the tile so there's more of a gap between floor and ceiling?
I haven't found the answer in the tutorial.

Cheers!

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2016, 05:16:49 am »
The tiles fit all snug if you know how to use them, are you sure you're placing them right? It might help to look at the sample game for reference on how it's done.

Or I could point out the problem if you post a screenshot of your map in the editor.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 05:18:52 am by MasterTaffer »
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Offline soorrymommm

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2020, 04:16:35 am »
Hey I downloaded one of the sword of moon light games, mystic prelude, and there are missing textures. Please answer me back if you can,