Author Topic: looking for maps and other stuff to add to my collection...  (Read 1656 times)

Offline treos

• Long Sword Swinger
looking for maps and other stuff to add to my collection...
« on: April 07, 2019, 01:05:30 pm »
oh? well, this is a surprise! this old forum is still alive and well! always nice to see there are still people interested in this niche franchise and type of RPG game.

i speak, of course, of King's Field.

let's see... well, to be fair, From's in-game maps always were rather...bare bones in these old games but they served their purpose well enough. i've already got a pic of the in-game map for the original jap exclusive king's field. so, no need for a dupe of that one. maybe screenshots of the maps from the other games? (the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd US games? which would actually be king's field 2 through 4.)

got some maps of the jap exclusive game already and i'm not sure if that one even has an in-game map. could use maps for the 2nd game...think i've got maps for the 3rd covered... missing a few from the 4th which i'm currently replaying.

for King's Field IV: The Ancient City, i currently have maps for...

1. Palace of Oath [Exterior]
2. Village Ruins
3. East Valley
4. Palace of Oath [Interior]
5. The Shop (David Bunch near the beginning of the game)
6. Miner_s Cemetery
7. Mines
8. Catacombs
9. Underground Graveyard [Upper]
10. Underground Graveyard [Lower]
11. The Ancient City [Exterior floor 1]
12. The Ancient City [Exterior floor 2]
13. The Ancient City [Exterior Guardian_s Chamber]
14. The Armory
15. the ancient city [west level 3, the 4 warrior_s room
16. the ancient city west level 3
17. X
18. X
19. the ancient city east level 3, earth elemental_s rooms
20. the ancient city east catacombs level 3
21. the holy forest
22. heart of the forest
23. king_s throne upper
24. king_s throne lower
25. the ancient city south level 3, craftsman_s room
26. south cliffs
27. earth folk_s village
28. the forge
29. cavern of lava
30. fire lord_s domain
31. the ancient city south level 3
32. the ancient city south level 2
33. the ancient city west level 2
34. the ancient city west level 2, sorcerer_s area
35. X
36. cliff passage
37. ocean shore
38. ocean fortress 1st floor
39. ocean fortress 2nd floor
40.ocean fortress 3rd floor

and that's where that collection of maps ends...just before the widda queen's palace.

i also have a full set of pics of the monsters, items, and each piece of equipment from that game but none of the menu magic pics. as well as a copy of the prima strategy guide in PDF form...

got a full set of maps and complete Monster book of creatures set of pics of monsters from the original psx Shadow Tower as well as for the 3rd game!

if anyone would like to add to this collection or compare with what i've already gathered over the years you can see it on my google drive here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1bEiRGZJosmQVpmUUtJR054WGc?usp=sharing

http://www.swordofmoonlight.com/shadowtowerabyss/map1.html i was also looking through the shadow tower: abyss pages here earlier and while that IS a good collection, i'm not sure...is map 10 the end of the game or is that simply as far as this site goes for that game?

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
Re: looking for maps and other stuff to add to my collection...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 05:55:19 am »
http://www.swordofmoonlight.com/shadowtowerabyss/map1.html i was also looking through the shadow tower: abyss pages here earlier and while that IS a good collection, i'm not sure...is map 10 the end of the game or is that simply as far as this site goes for that game?

I remember seeing screens like this from a later area. I can remember another distinct area that may come later. So I don't know. The site's owner should know something about how those files came to be here.