Author Topic: Hello  (Read 30239 times)

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Hello
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2010, 11:40:53 am »
No but that would look interesting. This ones a blunt weapon, at times... Though can be spikey.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2010, 02:09:20 pm »
A club?  A spiked shield?

Oh dont tell me!  I want to see it in game...where is the demo!?!
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2010, 04:24:41 pm »
Demo wont be far away... Not too far! I intend to create a few more buildings as such, i have one texture to redo entirely, mhm data to correct for a few pieces, msm data to retexture, at least 4 custom npcs and a few more custom enemies. Then, i have to mix them all together and throw in some quests.  :biggrin:

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2010, 12:54:06 pm »
Ben do you have an official name for your game yet?  Do you want to have a webpage for it on the main page of this site?
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2010, 02:05:32 pm »
I'm terrible at selecting names.  :rainbow:

Though i'm really good at making them up. My times been rushed recently to throw some of my ideas together. Actually placing them and working on them merits relief. Yesterday i forced myself to take a break from SoM and map creation etc. :biggrin:

At present i cant give you a name, but as soon as i think of one ill let you know. I will say, though, that tonight i'm dedicating some time to making a brand new set of armour. Thats the whole works btw, coif (woops did i say coif?) mail (mail?!) boots and gaunts.

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2010, 08:58:32 am »
Completed the new set of armour, and during this time stumbled upon another armour, which i will include.

I also forgot to mention, that i have scanned off various pieces of artwork for my game and that original art will be placed in my game, including title screen, paintings, maps etc.

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
Update!
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2010, 06:02:40 am »
A quick update on my progress... I've been away recently so i havent had the chance to do alot of customs, however ideas formulated during my time away.  :biggrin:

I recently made an astonishing weapon... Both offensive and defensive, and i also made a new helm, i'd have made more but i am busy.

Four new hand drawn shield designs, one of which has already been incorporated upon a model (and i'm pleased with it.)

I aim to have around twelve shields in the game... Theres about three entirely new shields made already.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2010, 08:07:36 am »
How will your offensive/defensive weapon work?

I had hoped to make the shieldblade in DD have defensive stats when equipped but I could not find a way to modify the item.prf to allow me to input defensive stats.
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2010, 02:26:05 pm »
Well the model design is based around offense and defence, and i'd love to hex it to have defence too but i am unaware as of yet, though i intend to mess around and find out more about hex editing an item prf soon. Instead for now i'll just add a hp increase.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2010, 08:27:44 pm »
Well, without any outside SOM assistance it will be impossible (that I know of) to make an item count in offensive and defensive.

In the .prf file, there is a section (I outlined it somewhere on here but who only knows where it is now) for all the stats: slash/stab/fire/water etc.

Just before the stats area is one hex that toggles the item type from weapon/armor...so unfortunately weapons and armor use the same file area to hold the stats of the items, it simply has a flag that says whether it will count as offensive/defensive.  There is no third flag that allows you to split it in any manner unfortunately.

The + HP idea is a good one though.

I still wish I knew if there was anything special one could do with the system events that are in the first few slots of the map.  I have a feeling they were put in for something special, such as if have item equipped, or maybe falling damage, but it looks as though From never utilized it for anything.  Oh well.

If you do make an item that can double as a shield, just make an equivalent shield item for them to equip when they get the item.
Site Founder