Author Topic: new to Som and have a question.  (Read 2283 times)

Offline mikko1

• Dagger Carrier
new to Som and have a question.
« on: October 18, 2009, 06:25:01 am »
anyone know where i can find some custom items from kings field 2 (US version)? I dont really understand how to make custom items yet but Im trying to learn, and i have no previous knowledge of graphic design or game making sooo yea, hopefully I can self teach myself.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Re: new to Som and have a question.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 11:33:12 am »
Creating custom items can be a bear if you have no prior experience with modeling etc, but it is not impossible;)

First off, which items are you looking for?

There is a way to pull the models from the KF2 cd, without their textures at this point, so that would get you halfway there.

There are several modelling programs out there that can convert them to the necessary .mdo format for SOM use.

I recommend going here:  http://www.swordofmoonlight.com/Tutorial.htm and clicking on the custom model section to get started.  Once youve gone through that tutorial we can move on from there.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 09:50:49 pm »
We really should be doing this for everyone if know how/don't get in trouble (making a database of KF game models that is)

I know we have all we need for KF2. KF3 I've not heard anything about, but might work the same. KF1 I'm pretty sure we have objects from already, but I'm not sure where they came from (I would guess probably downloaded off a Japanese website)

Offline mikko1

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 09:30:02 pm »
I am wanting the Ichrius key pecies and the main weapon used. I will do my best to learn, and if you have any other sites that could help me feel free to post.  I really appreciate the replies!