Author Topic: King's Field III {spoilers, conspiracies, and more!}  (Read 13909 times)

Offline Xethuminra

• Mace Masher
Re: King's Field III {spoilers, conspiracies, and more!}
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2014, 07:40:32 pm »
Oh, man. I was expecting zero activity on this board after two weeks.

So, can we agree on Guyra being the source of the fabled sword?

Offline Xethuminra

• Mace Masher
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2014, 09:26:56 pm »
"Behind everything, the hidden truth is obscured, but it is not obvious." - mark Johnson

If it weren't for a small inscription in an optional area in King's Field II (JP), we'd still think Tsedeck was a reasonably nice guy...

Thanks to this small inscription, we know that Tsedeck actually destroyed Harvine and conquered his kingdom.

It is hardly uncommon for the good guys to turn out to be bad guys in disguise in King's Field games.

If it weren't for a small note in a truth mirror description for a transitional area in King's Field III (JP), we'd still think that the Forest Dragon of the Royal Cemetery was a reasonably nice guy, working for "Vallad" probably....

However, thanks to this small description, we know that the Forest Dragon was in fact, and I quote, "a manifestation of Guyra" the Black Dragon of Light

The Forest Dragon, and the fairy Miria, are practically direct analogs of Vallad..

Both help you repair the sword of moonlight to conquer an impending darkness which took your father

Both are actually pawns of Guyra and there is no obvious in-game evidence to prove it...

Without these almost hidden bits of information, characters like Gwynevere and the Old One, and even God himself ;)

are cast in a very different light

Offline Xethuminra

• Mace Masher
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2014, 12:48:10 am »
Btw

King Alfred's spirit does not speak with Lyle in the evil ending of KFII(us)

It's worth noting that in "Vallad's" story, there is no god to represent fire.

Does anybody know where Orladin and Leon went off to?

Does Vallad have any other dialogue after he sends you away with the Ichrius armor?

What's up with Merril Ur and why does Light regard him as a villain, whilst praising him at the same time for thwarting Guyra's resurrection in the Royal Cemetery...

More contradictions!

It would be cool to compile a complete list of Truth Glass descriptions.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 01:05:33 am by Xethuminra »

Offline Xethuminra

• Mace Masher
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2014, 01:20:01 pm »
The idea of Vallad being Guyra and tricking Lyle by imbuing him with light magic reminds me of how Necron gave daylight to the people on Melanat to gain their trust.

Give a guy some "holy" power and spin him a feasible story, stay behind the scenes, resurrect a few corpses, no problems. Sound familiar?

Miria also graciously recharges the sword of moonlight for you while the dragon remains ever silent in the background, these two known accomplices of Guyra, who remained free of suspicion until KF3.

Was the white light who manifested before Hauser and gifted him the sword actually Vallad or was it Guyra, the creator of the sword and sole reason for its existence?

The purpose of the sword is to gather energy for the resurrection of the dragon.

Why would that have changed in KF3?

In KF(us), it is stated that Guyra broke a black crystal which contained and/or disrupted the power of nature, before creating the SoM for his champions.

Leon breaks a black crystal as well, for Alexander, to craft the Dark Slayer.

Interestingly, Seath is accused of distributing dark power himself by the talking elf crystal in KF(us).

Yet Seath was the good god of that game. The only way Alexander could defeat Guyra was through Seath's power. We were meant to feel sympathy for Seath. You could almost say that he was the Vallad of KF(us).

Well...

We all know how that turned out...

Distributor of darkness indeed

The original Japanese version of the game doesn't even mention Vallad in the truth glass entries. It calls that thing the Dragon King Plant, who identifies itself as Vallad.

Maybe we will never know the truth, whatever it is. It is a fictional fantasy world, and the evidence may be inconclusive.

Isn't that the one of the central themes of Dark Souls?

lost history

Regardless of Vallad's existence, KF3 is a beautiful story about humanity employing a broken force of evil (Guyra) to defend against a corrupt force of good (Seath)

Offline Xethuminra

• Mace Masher
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2014, 12:23:12 pm »
The following wall of text is going to be my last post on this topic for awhile unless any of you Hollows out there care to take a stab at it

There's a lot of information here and I am offering an alternative theory to the conventional understanding of the King's Field Trilogy.

The truth mirror in KF(JP) states that it was the Forest Dragon/Miria who were responsible for handing the SoM to Hauser. BAM!!

Aight? Check it out now...

King's Field (JP) and King's Field (US) really have very little to do with each other besides the basics.

There's some recurring items, Alfred, the SoM, the country of Verdite.... animated human remains and monster labyrinths... and that's about it..

Aside from imparting the all important origin story of the SoM, King's Field (US) didn't go into any of the open-ended questions left behind by its predecessor, King's Field (JP)... Such as the meaning of the Royal Sanctuary, the Black Knight, the Dark World, or your benefactor known as the Forest Dragon/Miria.

It features a new story involving the aforementioned elements from KF(JP), while sporting new characters and a new mythos; Seath and Guyra, creator of the sword of light on the island Melanat.

The next game, King's Field 2 (US), addresses some of these previously unanswered questions by connecting Guyra with the Royal Cemetery and Miria, explaining a good portion of the original KF(JP) in the process.

However...

(If you don't know what I'm talking about, in KF2(US), use the Truth Glass on the 5th floor of the Royal Sanctuary, "Guyra's Sleeping Quarters" - it says that Miria is the shadow of Guyra and fights for his revival)

Considering how the Forest Dragon and his fairy friend are the innocent good guys in KF(JP), wouldn't it make much more sense for them to be connected with Vallad instead of Guyra?

The dragon gave the Sword of Moonlight to Hauser.

Yet it was Guyra who created the sword...

But Miria certainly didn't seem like Guyra's people!

Neither does Vallad, right?

Miria and Vallad's actions are almost parallel...

Both Vallad and Miria are age-old demi-god guardians of life and justice, who are on their last leg, still trying to keep the darkness at bay through their respective emissaries and champions. They help you avenge your father, repair the sword of moonlight, and usher in a golden age for your kingdom by thwarting a dark nemesis...

Except Miria turns out to be working for the dark nemesis!

In numerous ways, Vallad is also very similar to Seath, who was the hero god figure of KFII(JP)/KF(US) before Vallad.

Seath also turns out to be in league with the darkness, with no little to no warning, other than seeming a little bit "strange" on Melanat.

I see a trend developing.

Miria, Seath and Vallad

As for things in Vallad's favor...

Orladin actually says Vallad's name one time, haha. Yeah, okay! The skeleton with the Demon Key for a head and a shield with eyes enigmatically hidden within it...

As stated earlier, the only other npc to mention Vallad is the totally crazy guy Joe Santos, who also talks about the Light family, who is connected to Guyra. This guy thinks he's a glass of orange juice.

Not even Alexander or Alfred actually say Vallad's name....

How did Necron and Alfred really end up getting possessed by the dark gods anyway?

On the side...

What ever became of Ichrius?

Chronicles of Verdite lore suggests that Tsedeck never actually conquered harvine's kingdom, and Harvine's kingdom actually ended up splitting and becoming Verdite and surrounding countries. Any in game lore to back this up?

Any lore behind the dragon crystal fruit trees on Melanat?

The fire dragons in Verdite castle, is there any lore behind them?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 04:15:41 pm by Xethuminra »

Offline Xethuminra

• Mace Masher
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2014, 08:19:03 pm »

Offline Xethuminra

• Mace Masher
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2014, 03:00:55 pm »
Apparently, Miria is in KF(us) after all

I was not aware of that

More on Miria and Shuddom soon

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2014, 03:12:19 pm »
I think the truth glass means that the "Forest Dragon" is the shadow of Guyra and fights for his revival, not Miria. As far as I know, Miria is one of the fairies created by Guyra to convey his will to the world.

I think it would be great if you entered the KF truth mirror info in the wiki here. There's never been a really connected synopsis of the game information assembled anywhere that I know of.

A couple of my old KFJ site pages might interest you:
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/kingsfield/characters.html
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/kingsfield/items.html

Offline Xethuminra

• Mace Masher
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2014, 02:40:00 pm »
I had been using Miria and Millia interchangeably, which is incorrect... More or less ;)

"Sleeping Quarters of Guyra"
"This is the fifth level of the Royal Cemetery. The dragon which appears there is actually Millia, the projected shadow of Guyra. Created by Guyra, Millia protects this place where Guyra hopes to return to the earth...."

Miria in KF(US) -  I'm still trying to wrap my head around this one, which is why I haven't posted in awhile... I was unaware of the fairy/mecha-demon cloning tanks on Melanat  :eek:

"Miria appears before many warriors. She was created to find the chosen one who has the power to use the "Moonlight Sword.""

Miria's description in KF(JP)

"The dragon’s fairy, she has served the Dragon line since ancient times and appears to people in order to convey the Dragon’s will"

Miria is an extension of Millia, who in turn is an extension of Guyra

I'll start working on a complete list of Truth Glass entries for human NPC's

I'm checking out your pages right now!

« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 02:49:12 pm by Xethuminra »

Offline Xethuminra

• Mace Masher
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2014, 03:01:24 pm »
Forest Dragon - "Since ancient times, it has lived in the forest and defended the people. While it is spoken of in legend and many people believe in it, few have ever seen it. This is the dragon who gave the sword to the Forrester family in days of old."