Author Topic: Adding custom items and weapons to SoM (unsticky me please)  (Read 25184 times)

Offline Creatura

• Austin Lyle Forester
  • Capricorn Crusher
Re: Adding custom items and weapons to SoM
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2011, 05:37:11 pm »
We have some flails and I'd love to make some but how do I make physics for the chain?

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2011, 05:54:46 pm »
Not entirely sure... Wolf is it possible to put a cp into an item?

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2011, 06:37:42 pm »
Ah yes a flail, thats what I was thinking of. I've not seen one in action but I guess you rotate it, at speed and wallop!

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2011, 11:09:35 pm »
Not entirely sure... Wolf is it possible to put a cp into an item?
I've only tested once, but it didn't work to use an animated MDL for an item. It said 'texture not found' in the item editor and you couldn't see the weapon ingame. :(

I think for a flail, you could make a 'relaxed' chain version for the display model, and a taut-chain version for the swing model.

I always wondered how they avoided hitting themselves; if the ball missed its target, seems like it would swing back around and smack the wielder. Ha, that would have worked for a Monty Python scene. Perhaps authentic versions had long handles and short chains?   
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 11:18:15 pm by HwitVlf »

Offline Creatura

• Austin Lyle Forester
  • Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2011, 02:48:00 am »
Actually there is a technique of using this weapon so if you swing correctly there is no chance that it hits you.
and I thought just as you said to make a static display model and dynamic for hand model, but how do I make it start animation when hitting?

Offline Creatura

• Austin Lyle Forester
  • Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2011, 07:36:55 am »
I want to show you our War Ring (spike type)

I didn't really bother with model quality so the textures are crappy and the model itself has too many visible edges.
It was an experiment and it worked out just fine and I'm going to improve this ring.
As for now, I'm just showing off a random Georgian weapon :)))

I want to make a punch animation.
I also want to add dual wield hit animation as long as other anims so that's why I want them more than 3

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2011, 08:48:25 am »
Okay, firstly you'l need to experiment with x2mdl and keynote. If you followed hwtvlf's guide you'l be on the right path.

You'l need to experiment with an arm model, and test it in SoM to see what you get. So far, im not sure how long the swing duration for a standard attack is, (fps) but if you could find out ill work on this with you if you like.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2011, 10:37:09 pm »
A little update on the earlier subject of "using two textures on a single object in an MDL model". It appears it's only a problem with the 'binary' X format. If you uncheck "save as binary" when you export your model in Keynote, the textures should turn out right even if you used 2 on a single object.

Mean looking ring creatura! Remind me to never pick a fight with a Georgian!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 05:51:16 am by HwitVlf »

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2011, 10:52:20 am »
Oh man!!!!!

Thanks for the info... Argh :)

Ive been focusing on creating one single 256x256 texture for my custom npc. See the pic for a WIP.
Made everything myself. Including the mesh.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:53:55 am by Verdite »

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2011, 09:09:41 pm »
Ha, yeah, I moved a bunch of polygons around on my NPC (so they would be in their own object) before I found the work-around. Oh well, good learning experience.
You NPC is looking good! If you are going to give him a "sitting > stand" animation, let me know. It requires some special handling or they NPC stands up into the middle of the chair. I was almost finished with an updated how-to, but I accidentally deleted it when I cleaned up my desktop ARGHHHH!!!