Author Topic: Pad Config fix for testing SOM.  (Read 1953 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Pad Config fix for testing SOM.
« on: November 17, 2009, 03:14:45 pm »
A few folks have been asking me for the control pad fix and I couldnt find the original posts.

I think I have the proper fix for the som_db.exe file contained below, it is the first link som_db.zip.  A really long while back john told me the fix and I just got around to actually doing it.

Unzip this file and replace the som_db.exe you have in your ProgramFiles\KF\SOM\Tools directory and this 'should' fix the issue with it messing up the controls while in test mode for the game.

To fix the final executable requires a different fix. So you will have to follow the below instructions:

1 - finalize your project and build the runtime.  In the runtime folder there will be a GAME.EXE file

2 - Use the xvi32 hex editor (free and the download link is available in the tutorials section of the site) to open the game.exe

3 - choose 'search' at the top and click on 'find'.

4 - on the popup window click the radio button for 'text string', this will allow you to type what youre looking for in the text box below.

5 - type 'pad' and click ok...it will bring you to the letter p in the config for control button 6. 

6 - 6 characters before that 'p' is the letter 'c'.  that letter should be changed to a 'd' and read padCfg7.  Once that is done move 9 characters to the right and change the second 'd' to a capital 'C'.  That line should read padCfg6

7 - exit and save, this should be all that is needed to fix it, open up the screenshot below to see the before and after fix screenshot.

If you have any questions let me know.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 03:16:42 pm by dmpdesign »
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder