Author Topic: New SoM Demo SeaGuard  (Read 27182 times)

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
Re: New SoM Demo SeaGuard
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2009, 07:58:10 pm »
Hey AsusX2, glad you're here buddy!

Anyone who reads too much into my posts might be offended. However that is not my purpose here nor is it ever my intention.

I don't think we read too much into your posts Mick, I think you don't read enough into what you really say.

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2009, 10:31:00 pm »
Hey AsusX2, glad you're here buddy!

Anyone who reads too much into my posts might be offended. However that is not my purpose here nor is it ever my intention.

I don't think we read too much into your posts Mick, I think you don't read enough into what you really say.

People say what they mean (while they're being honest) but if you're bound and determined you can take anything you want away from their words. That said I've no clue why Asus would arrive at such a conclusion (my disliking him) ...Todd actually tried to find out why by reading thru all my posts. It takes all kinds.

Edited: Maybe because I remember leaving Asus/Todd to dig up my old level up tables hacking adventure thread alone. I dunno. Some people think you don't like them if you don't stick your tongue in their ear. Only Asus knows :rainbow:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 10:37:10 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline lavaelf1024

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2009, 11:07:39 am »
Asus, are you making your tables in excel?  If you feel you have a good handle for your enemies would you be willing to share?  I've been trying to work this out for my first map.  I'm making a spreadsheet that will have all of the enemy statas as well as the equiptment stats so I can keep track of a baseline for player/monster stats.  I've been sorta disappointed at how high I need to set starting HP and attack of the enemies for even lvl 1 creatures so leveling up 2-3 times with the same equiptement doesn't cause you to go from 5 hit kills to 1-2 hit kills with a dagger!!!  I'm just amazed.  I hope to put some big time in between tonight and tomorrow as both kids are sick and I'll have to be out tommorow to watch them!!!

Offline kilroyfx

• To Game is Human!!
  • VIP
  • Mace Masher
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2009, 11:40:44 am »
For those who don't have Excel, you can use openoffice.org and install their excel program. Its free and completely identical to excel, and much lighter than installing all those office products.

http://download.openoffice.org/index.html
Cheers

KilroyFx

Offline lavaelf1024

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2009, 12:17:38 pm »
I've got both and was looking for to see if I could "peek" at what he's done for this.  Not gonna steal anything from it but it's something I've mentioned before about getting basic baseline info out there to make it easier on people.  I know I still need to do the leg work and don't feel it's right to have anyone do all the work.

No matter how perfect one person may have thier stuff set perfectly, unlsess you copy the stats exactly, it won't work the same for your game... 

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2009, 05:44:45 pm »
Edited: Maybe because I remember leaving Asus/Todd to dig up my old level up tables hacking adventure thread alone. I dunno. Some people think you don't like them if you don't stick your tongue in their ear. Only Asus knows :rainbow:

Errr, turns out actually that was Lavaelf who was working on the level up tables^ ...I can't even keep names straight with all the accusations flying :sweatdrop:

Offline AsusX2

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2009, 09:13:36 pm »
dont know what you mean by tounge in ear???? that almost seems kind of offensive in itself. my issue was... you know what. I'm done with this conversation. I offered my olive leaf. if that was'nt enought for some then whatever!!!

Offline AsusX2

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2009, 09:51:30 pm »
No, I do all my tables by hand. as i've said i've filled up a couple pads of paper on weapons, armor and enemies. all my stats are based an an average between Kf1 - Kf4, as each game is slightly different. My stats more heavily lean toward Kf 3 and 4. but i've found they have balanced themselves almost automatically once I'd gotten to the right numbers. If your numbers are correct, the enemies do not get sugnifficantly easier as you level up. however this is primarily do to the fact that SoM's Factory level tables I found are Practically worthless. To find a good balance you will have to adjust som's level up tables to match your W c/A c and player charicteristics, and yes that IS alot of work! So be prepaired.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2009, 11:11:04 pm »
don't know what you mean by tounge in ear???? that almost seems kind of offensive in itself. my issue was... you know what. I'm done with this conversation. I offered my olive leaf. if that wasn't enough for some then whatever!!!
:ssh:

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2009, 11:41:16 am »
*sticks tongue in Mick's ear*

Tastes like you were abused as a child and have gone through a nasty divorce recently.

:medpack:

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.