Author Topic: Brigandine Grand Edition...  (Read 385332 times)

Offline AceKit

• Long Sword Swinger
Re: Brigandine Grand Edition...
« Reply #100 on: February 04, 2015, 03:48:05 pm »
Grretings from Russia!As many people here did,i registered just to thank you for this great work,waited full translation for such a long time,much appreciated.What frustrated me a bit is that all dialogue voices and battle speeches are gone.Is cutting sound files out a necessity for translation?Glad to hear you're working on sounding with your friends,but for me,japanese ones sound just fine,is there any way to have em back?
I would really appreciated if u somehow inserted japanese dubs in this version,that would be just fine.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 04:28:27 pm by AceKit »

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #101 on: February 04, 2015, 05:32:12 pm »
ReV3nGe, the CRC32 for a good original image should be e7dd77c8 (disk1),  f611bf75 (disk2). With patch 8 applied, it should be 86cd6fb6 (disk1), 1f4cd027 (disk2). Maybe they released more than one version of Grand Edition; that's not uncommon for bug fixes or company logo updates. Can you send me an emulator save state with the troubled game? If two people have had this issue, it's likely other will as well so I'd like to figure out what is going on.

AceKit, the game can still support dialog voices, I just stripped them out because the Japanese speaking time usually wasn't the same as the English reading time. Ideally, we would have good English voice actors to re-record the roles and adjust the timings to add speech back. If anyone competent wants to undertake this project I can tell them what I know of the process.

Someone also might be able to alter the dialog routine so that it didn't auto-next when the speaking is done. But they would still have to adjust all the sound time codes (thousands of them) to sync the Japanese voice with the English text boxes. It wasn't worth the work to me.

Offline AceKit

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #102 on: February 04, 2015, 06:25:58 pm »
Thanks,now i understand.Still,voicing work in this game is awesome,i would'nt mind to have even assynchroned dubs.Can't wait for your final berry on top of the cake with music,thus,godspeed you with that! :731: :aroused:

Offline jaababa

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2015, 10:15:20 pm »
Hi HwitVlf!

I registered just to say thank you. I played BGE a few years back using the v3 translation. The work you've done is nothing short of amazing.

Started playing Leonia last night. Again, thanks.

Cheers!

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2015, 05:33:06 am »
Thanks jaababa  :smile:, hope you enjoy it.

As I spent some time converting the BGE credit names to Romanji. Quite a few of the Brigandine staff members went on to work on well know stuff. I came across THIS site for the artist Masaji Miyaki who is listed as one of the graphic artists on Brigandine.  If you click on the BIG yellow and blue words on his page, you can see galleries with his work. Some interesting stuff.

Has anyone ever played "Alchemist Marie & Elie - Futari no Atelier"? It's another game by E3Staff that I saw was listed as 'strategy' on MobyGames, but I can't find any strategic looking screen shots.

Offline Valentari

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2015, 11:34:11 am »
Good news for those awaiting the Dubbed version. All roles have been cast, and all audio has been recorded except Lance.  I should have those Lance files to Hwit by either tonight or end of the day Wednesday!  Then it's all in his hands :-)

Damn good news, a thank you from me to all the generous souls that contributed their talents to making the dubbing project such a damn good success story.

I don't come by here all too often, but I did go back through and saw this response.  As of Monday of this week, all English dubbed audio has been recorded, and now Hwit just has to go through the painstaking process of making it all fit in the game.

In my spare time, I am a voice actor, and a voice acting director, so I have a lot of contacts in the voice acting "industry".  That said, for this project, I got to meet some incredible new talent, and I'm hoping I get to work with them all again.  As I understand it, a credits screen has been added to give credit to all the amazing voice actors who lent their talents to this project, but when the final version is released, I may go ahead and put in a cast list posting here.

If anyone reading this has an interest in becoming a professional voice actor for English Dubs or just acting in machinima or other films, feel free to drop me a line.  My e-mail is my username @gmail.com

If you'd like to pay your respects to the talented voice crew for this production, you can find most of us on the Voice Acting Alliance (Unofficial Group) on Facebook.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2015, 07:55:33 pm »
I would also give my endorsement to Valentari as an articulate, efficient and dependable person to work with - a good director.

It's no easy task converting Kaji names into Romanji, but I've researched the top names of the Grand Edition staff to find their English spelling. English fans should have the ability to appreciate the talent of these artists. There are many more Japanese people listed and I simply don't have the time to research them all to make sure I'm using the correct spelling.

On the off chance that anyone involved in the original project reads this, please submit your name or the names of anyone else involved in the project.
Code: [Select]
Lead Director
   Yoichi Kawade   川出 陽一

Additional Directors
   Ken Kawahara  河原  賢 
   Satoshi Matsui  松井  智
   Kimiaki Saito   斉藤君明

Lead Character Design
  Yukitoshi Hotani 宝谷幸稔

Additional Character Design
  Yoji Kurachi 倉地庸嗣

Package Illustration
  Hidetsugu Hirayama  平山英嗣
    (Sunshine Corporation)  (サンシャインコーポレーション)

Lead Programmer
  Yoichi Kawade  川出 陽一

Programmer
  Hiroshi  Furushima  古島洋志

Graphic Design
  Kimiaki Saito  斉藤公明
  Satoshi Matsui  松井  智
  Yasutaka Kishima  木島康貴
  Shinya Sakurai  桜井伸也
  Masaji Miyaki  宮木正司

Production Assistant
  Toshiaki Ario  有尾俊昭

Music
  Tenpei Sato 佐藤天平

Sound Effects
  Kiyohiro Sada  禎  清宏
  Kiyoshi Suzuki  鈴木  清
  (Pure Sound Inc)  (ピュアサウンド)

Voice Processing
  Mitsuhiro Tabata  田畑 三津広
  Hiroyuki Watanabe  渡辺博之
  Hiroshi Isokawa  磯川  洋
  (SAME Creative Inc)  {セイムクリエイティブ}

Movies
  Tatsuro Maruyama  丸山竜郎

Movie MA Manager
  Kentaro Furusho  古庄賢太郎
  (Parsley Promotion Inc)  (パセリプロモーション)

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2015, 05:03:22 am »
Added the voiced movies patch to the top post.

Offline Valentari

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2015, 09:44:16 am »
Added the voiced movies patch to the top post.

You have no idea how happy those words make me :-)

Offline AceKit

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2015, 02:09:29 pm »
Excellent job so far.I cant wait to see final version being completely dubbed.That would be just perfect.
P.S. Zemeckis could be a little bit more emotional in the first intro,moreover,there's slight assynchronisation or lag in this cutscene,just to mention,otherwise-it sounds good.