Author Topic: Why you need health potions in ST:Abyss  (Read 2552 times)

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
Why you need health potions in ST:Abyss
« on: December 28, 2013, 02:52:36 pm »
Because there is no dash ability :sick[1]: You cant rush sideways, backwards or forwards. It seems that the monsters have perfect timing to hit you when you try to walk backwards. Especially those nasty canyon birds. You can occasionally dodge slower attacks, though. Am I missing something? Do I need a certain amount of points into a certain stat to dash?

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Why you need health potions in ST:Abyss
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 08:20:23 pm »
It's been awhile since I played, but I don't think you are missing anything. You just have to muddle through. Ranged weapons can really help!

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 08:50:42 pm »
I actually love the game, I started using more strength based equipment and it paid off. Just found the sword called 'wyvern' I love the design.

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 03:31:13 pm »
The easiest way I've found to get through the game is by finding and buying soul pods, then pumping everything into strength. It increases your damage, health, and equip weight and I haven't found a reason to raise any other stats really. I actually had to start a new playthrough yesterday because I accidentally overwrote my save file.

^Edit: Ignore this comment, I read the title wrong and thought you were talking about the first game :doh:.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 03:50:53 pm by MasterTaffer »
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112