Author Topic: Moving games to an online backup service  (Read 1148 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Moving games to an online backup service
« on: January 17, 2012, 11:00:34 pm »
I am contemplating setting up an account for file storage for the games and files that are currently (and will be) hosted on this site's server.  I have had many complaints that downloading from som.com is riddled with speed issues and failed attempts. 

I know google offers a service for direct public links as well as drop box.  At this point I believe they both have somewhat limited storage capacity however you can upgrade to a pro account for $ that should do what we need.

Any thoughts on whether this would be a good idea?  I have used dropbox with nothing but success in the past.

let me know if you have any alternatives...and I am not interested in any service like megaupload or fileshare.com where they bombard the users with spam and pop up windows.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
Re: Moving games to an online backup service
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 05:10:21 pm »
I'm not sure whether you're hosting this site on your own server or a web hotel, but if there are bandwith problems, how about moving the whole thing to another server/web hotel? Or, you know, just set up an extra web hotel for file downloads? :)